DSS - Towards Sustainable Livelihood
DSS Corona Appeal
As the corona virus is engulfing more and more people in the world. Our state Odisha are also sitting on the verge of explosion. Due to the large number of migrant workers returning to the villages, the risk has become many fold.
Due to complete lock down the following categories are suffering a lot.
- The daily wage earners/labourers in the cities as well as in villages without daily wage and food.
- The farmers facing heavy loss by not able to sale their perishable items like milk, vegetables fruits, beetle leaf etc.
- The artisans and weavers are out of work.
- The construction labourers are out of job.
- The returnee migrant workers.
The target:DSS targets 5000 families in Khordha and Puri district and 1000 families in Bhubaneswar Slums.
The immediate need :
- Hygiene kit with soap, sanitiser, masks, towels for each household in the community.
- Cooked packed food.
- Dry ration kit including Rice, Wheat flour, Dal, oil, salt for families excluded by Govt assistance( Both in rural areas and urban slums).
- Hand washing( WASH) awareness with women and children in the community.
Long term need :
- Interest free loan to farmers/small growers, artisans, construction workers in rural and small vendors in urban areas.
- Bulk loan to Farmer Producers Organisations to facilitate and boost the marketing.
- Entrepreneurship and Employment programme for youth and returnee migrants.
- Promotion of sanitation and WASH activity.
The team:DSS has a team of 18 full time staff and 24 part time and volunteers.
Please Donate Here
Name of the Organisation: Darabar Sahitya Sansada
Name of Bank- State Bank of India
Branch- Naroda( 08216)
A/C No- 11434542542